Friday, August 18, 2006

Mosquito Repellant that actually works!

If anyone out there is like me, you attract mosquitos like bees to flowers. There could be fifty people around and one mosquito and it would find you and bite you five times. Add to that an allergic reaction to the bites that turn them from a little red bump to a full blown swollen mass the size of a baseball and you see why I don't particularly like to get bitten.

I've tried so many different repellants and they all smell like I either crawled out of chemical spill or I smash lemons for a living. Then one day on a fluke I saw this tin sitting on shelf of Bath and Body Works and decided "what the hell". Threw it on -- hmm ok faint citris smell but its nice and not overpowering...which of course means it probably wouldn't work.

But it did! I didn't get bit anywhere I put it all day...and I didn't even slather it on. Just smeared a very thin layer in stripes around my body and feet. Even on the sides of my face (because those pesky bugs like fly around it...I'll be damned if I let the bite me in the nose).

Badger Balm's Anti-Bug Balm. I've used one tin for the last year. You don't need much and this lasts you for months with the added plus of surviving in the Houston heat.





It comes in a great stick also!





Mosquitos? What mosquitos? No more big red swelling on my legs...now that's something everyone should be able to live with!

“A man thinks he amounts to a great deal but to a flea or a mosquito a human being is merely something good to eat.” Don Marquis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home